A small change between 1.2 and 3.0… In 1.2, you could create mappings among invoice, order, opportunity, and quote entities. So if you added some additional fields to the products in a quote, you could quickly map them to orders and invoices.
In 3.0, you can’t seem to find how to manage those pesky things. This issue occurs in 3.0 because mappings are shown by using the relationship section on the customize entity form. Because there is no relationship among invoice, order, opportunity, and quote entities, you cannot manage the mappings.
EDIT…. A KB has been published on this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914921
To access the mappings area for the invoice, order, opportunity, and quote entities, you must access the mappings Web page directly. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer on the computer that is running Microsoft Dynamics
2. Type the following URL in the Address line of Internet Explorer:
3. Click RetrieveEntityMaps.
4. Type the schema name for the source entity that you would like to work with in the entityName box, and then click invoke. The source entity is the entity from which data will be mapped. The following are the schema names for the source entities:
· The schema name for Order Product is salesorderdetail.
· The schema name for Invoice Product is invoicedetail.
· The schema name for Opportunity Product is opportunityproduct.
· The schema name for Quote Product is quotedetail.
5. A new window opens that contains XML text. Copy the entitymapid GUID that precedes the sourceentityname XML element and the targetentityname XML element for the source and target entities that you want to map.
Note You can find the entitymapid GUID in the entitymapid XML element. The entitymapid GUID is similar to the following GUID:
The entire XML text shown in the new window will be similar to the following if you typed opportunityproduct in the entityName text box before you clicked Invoke.
Note The GUIDs will be different in every environment.
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″ ?>
– <entitymaps entity=”EntityMap” morerecords=”0″ paging-cookie=””
6. Start another instance of Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then type the following URL in the Address line of Internet Explorer: http://localhost:5555/Tools/SystemCustomization/Relationships/Mappings/mappingList.aspx?mappingId=
7. Copy the GUID that you copied in step 6 after the equal sign of the URL in the Address line of Internet Explorer. The Address line should now look similar to the following example:
Note You may need to add or remove the colon ( : ) and a port number after localhost if your Microsoft Dynamics
8. When you press ENTER to go to the URL, the mapping page for the source and target entity will open. When you click New, a new page will open where you can confirm which mapping you are editing.
Repeat the above steps to access the mappings between each of the following:
· Quote Product to Order Product
· Order Product to Invoice Product
This is supposed to be in a Tech Knowledge Article on PartnerSource, but after searching for 30 minutes, I couldn’t find it. This comes to me from
KB added. – 05-04-06 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914921