So a question I see about once a week is about .Net 2.0 Framework being installed and how do you get CRM to work in that enviroment… Believe it or not, it is documented… But for those of you who will refuse to read the whole IG… Here is the cliff notes from Irene…
.NET Framework 2.0 can coexist on the same machine with .NET Framework 1.1. The Microsoft CRM v3.0 web site needs to be set to use 1.1.
1. On the Microsoft CRM server, point to Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and start Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. Expand the node for the computer, and expand the node for Web sites.
3. Select Microsoft CRM v3.0 Web site, and then on the Action menu, click Properties.
4. On the ASP.NET tab, in the ASP .NET version box, select 1.1.432, and then click OK. Note that this tab is only present after you install .NET Framework 2.0.
5. Expand the node for the Microsoft CRM v3.0 Web site.
6. Select MSCRMServices, and then on the Action menu, click Properties.
7. On the ASP.NET tab, in the ASP .NET version box, select 1.1.432, and then click OK.
8. On the Start menu, click Run, and then type iisreset.