Are you ready to create something cool, learn new skills and have a chance to pocket a nice chunk of change? Then get ready for the launch of the 2017 Hello Cloud Contest.
From now until June 2017, you’ll have a chance each month to win $1,000 — all while building the cloud development skills that future managers are seeking.
So what do you have to do?
Create and deploy a web app to the cloud using Microsoft Azure.
If it sounds daunting, don't worry — we provide a step-by-step guide, and Azure is free to students. Participating in the contest is easy:
- Sign up for Microsoft Azure
- Complete one or more activities
- Submit your entry by the last of Wednesday of each month
Each activity you complete gives you another chance to win. Your name stays in the sweepstakes each month, so you only need to complete each activity once.
Hello Cloud competitors must:
- Be 16 or older
- Attend an accredited school
- Create and deploy a web app in the cloud
Get social with Azure
This month, we're introducing a new activity called "Socialize your Azure Web App." This activity will teach you how to leverage the Twitter embed code on your Azure page. (You’ll need a Twitter account, too.)
Not only does the Hello Cloud contest give you the opportunity to put cash in your wallet, you will also be doing something that you can put on your résumé or CV. Your future boss will be looking for “cloud computing” under your list of skills. Hello Cloud activities give you hands-on experience with creating, exploring and deploying projects to the cloud with the same tools used by professional devs.
As a young innovator, you already have the potential to shape the future of technology — and our world. With the Hello Cloud skills under your belt, turn that potential into reality.
And stay tuned to the Microsoft Imagine Blog for more Hello Cloud news and the September Hello Cloud winner.
Microsoft Imagine, anywhere, anytime:
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our blog to meet students just like you who are changing the world with their exciting new technology. Plus, stay on top of all the new products and offerings for students.
- Head on over to Microsoft Imagine where, if you haven’t already, you can create a Microsoft Imagine student profile, giving you access to developer tools, online training, developer competitions and the bi-monthly Microsoft Imagine newsletter.