Coding for the cloud could win you $1,000!

Are you ready to create something cool, learn new skills and have a chance to pocket a nice chunk of change? Then get ready for the launch of the 2017 Hello Cloud Contest.

From now until June 2017, you’ll have a chance each month to win $1,000 — all while building the cloud development skills that future managers are seeking.

So what do you have to do?

Create and deploy a web app to the cloud using Microsoft Azure.

If it sounds daunting, don't worry — we provide a step-by-step guide, and Azure is free to students. Participating in the contest is easy:

1. Sign up for Microsoft Azure
  2. Complete one or more activities
  3. Submit your entry by the last of Wednesday of each month

Each activity you complete gives you another chance to win. Your name stays in the sweepstakes each month, so you only need to complete each activity once.

Hello Cloud competitors must:

• Be 16 or older
  • Attend an accredited school
  • Create and deploy a web app in the cloud

Get social with Azure

This month, we're introducing a new activity called "Socialize your Azure Web App." This activity will teach you how to leverage the Twitter embed code on your Azure page. (You’ll need a Twitter account, too.)

Not only does the Hello Cloud contest give you the opportunity to put cash in your wallet, you will also be doing something that you can put on your résumé or CV. Your future boss will be looking for “cloud computing” under your list of skills. Hello Cloud activities give you hands-on experience with creating, exploring and deploying projects to the cloud with the same tools used by professional devs.

As a young innovator, you already have the potential to shape the future of technology — and our world. With the Hello Cloud skills under your belt, turn that potential into reality.

What are you waiting for? Sign up for Azure, and register for the Hello Cloud contest.

And stay tuned to the Microsoft Imagine Blog for more Hello Cloud news and the September Hello Cloud winner.

___________

Microsoft Imagine, anywhere, anytime:

• Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
  • Subscribe to our blog to meet students just like you who are changing the world with their exciting new technology. Plus, stay on top of all the new products and offerings for students.
  • Head on over to Microsoft Imagine where, if you haven’t already, you can create a Microsoft Imagine student profile, giving you access to developer tools, online training, developer competitions and the bi-monthly Microsoft Imagine newsletter.

1. mary says:

when trying to login in azure it says that microsoft imagine is not supported only dreamsparks, any idea?

1. I’m sorry to hear you are having issues, please try again. If you continue to have issues you can contact support here:

2. Md.Alimuzzaman Alim says:

Is there contest for mobile app?

1. Md.Alimuzzaman Alim says:

Or mobile app use Azure service can participate on Hello Cloud Contest?

1. We’ll be announcing new activities for Hello Cloud throughout the year! We will also be announcing the Imagine Cup very soon – stay tuned!

3. Lina Zhang says:

Hi, I’d like to know the question. Why Hello Cloud competitors must be 16 or older?
    I’m 13 years old, but I already in Grade 8. I learned programming since 9 years old and got several national prizes(including mobile app).

Why I can’t attend this competition only because of my age?

1. Andrei says:

Must be because of legal issues awarding persons that are not fully responsible for their actions(<16 years old).

2. As we are giving a cash prize to the winner of the monthly sweepstakes, we have to abide by our global rules and regulations: https://compete.imagine.microsoft.com/resource

I appreciate your enthusiasm, please check the Microsoft Imagine site next year for other competitions in which you can compete!

4. jan says:

hi what is age limit min and max?

1. The eligibility requirements are posted in the rules and regulations: https://compete.imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/resource

You must be over 16 years old and be registered at an accredited educational institution. I hope this helps!

5. Hello, I have a trouble when trying to register in Hello Cloud it says that:
    “Ha habido un problema y no se puede iniciar sesión ahora mismo. Vuelve a intentarlo más tarde.”

Thank you.

1. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are implementing a fix for this issue. Please try again tomorrow – thank you for your patience!

6. Neha Goel says:

Hi
    Till when will we expect the Second Activity of the contest ?

1. We will be posting Activity 2 very soon – stay tuned!

7. Uroosa says:

I don’t completely understand… I log on to microsoft azure and I don’t know what else to do. I am very new to this, what should I click from the left side bar to access this sweepstakes? thanks

8. Uroosa says:

I don’t completely understand… I log on to Microsoft azure and I don’t know what else to do. I am very new to this, what should I click from the left side bar to access this sweepstakes? thanks

9. hemant says:

When are we going to see the activity for the month of November?
    What are you doing..??
    The month is almost over.

1. Hemant – we will be releasing new activities throughout the year, not necessarily every month. We do plan on releasing another activity this month! Stay tuned!

10. Huimin says:

This is interesting…But way too easy. Looking forward to your future challenges.

11. Edmar Souza says:

I followed the description from Hello Cloud and the first web page worked perfectly, but now I’m trying public the challenge 1 ( embedded twitter) on another webpage, Im using the same group on the Azure, but that are loading the first webpage instead of webpage2 ( twitter challenge), I’m trying to use another url, for example my first url is: edhello.azurewebsites.net , I would like to use something like: edhello.azurewebsites.net/hellosocial.

12. James says:

When I click the register now button under dreamspark for the hello cloud competition I get the error message: “Something went wrong and we can’t sign you in right now. Please try again later”. Any suggestions?

1. James, sorry you are having problems registering. Please open a support ticket here:

13. NishitPatel says:

Sir, I have registered for the hello cloud contest but I am unable to validate myself as a student because the name of my college is not present in the list of your applicable institutions.What should I do?

Skip to main content