Check out the Newest Hello Cloud Activity and your October Winner!

Meet your October Hello Cloud winner!

With thousands of students registered from across the globe, we are thrilled to announce the winner of the $1,000 October Hello Cloud sweepstakes!

Congratulations to Jayashree Jain from India!

Master cloud computing with Microsoft Azure and you too could win $1,000!

Every month, one student will win our $1,000 sweepstakes. To compete, you just complete one or more of our Hello Cloud activities. Each activity you complete gives you another chance to win. And you only have to do each activity once – your name will still be in the sweepstakes month after month!

Register for our Hello Cloud contest today and you can get started!

So what is the newest activity?

Activity Three: Deploy Your Résumé in the Cloud

When you start looking for your first job, will you have the cloud on your résumé? You will if you compete in our Hello Cloud Challenge! After completing activity three you will also have your résumé in the cloud!

1. This activity builds on the skills of activity 1: Click here for the activity 1 walkthrough
  2. For the web page code you can create your own résumé format, or use the Hello Cloud Résumé Template
  3. Share as much information as you’re comfortable, or feel free to use your imagination
  4. Ensure that you that you create a new “Web App Name” for your résumé when publishing to Azure
  5. When you’re ready, copy your web app’s URL (it’ll look something like http://myhellocloud.azurewebsites.net/ ) and paste it into our Hello Cloud Activity 3 submission from your dashboard (please ensure its a different URL than Activity 1)
  6. For contest purposes, if we draw your name we’ll click your URL and verify you have a résumé hosted in the cloud. That’s it!

Cloud computing is changing the technology industry. With Microsoft Azure, students can get a free subscription with no credit card required and start creating web apps, running databases, and much more. Register for our Hello Cloud contest today and you can get started!

1. Preetam Datta says:

Can I get a participation certificate? I, however, participated in the October Hello Cloud Challenge.
    Thanks in advance.

1. Preetam, I apologize but there are no participation certificates for Hello Cloud.

2. Nobodykid says:

Can I use other template besides the given one? I’d like to try other templates I found online

1. Muhamad – yes, you are more than welcome to use other templates!

3. ashwanidv100 says:

How can I join team ? I don’t have a team and don’t know how to join . And I am from india (beginner)

1. Ashwani – you can create a team from your Dashboard, or you can be invited by an existing team. Find other students with similar interests and sign up today!

2. purushotham goniguntla says:

i want to join your team invite me
      purush4523@gmail.com

4. Shobika Murukesan says:

I’m an engineering student and can i participate in this ?

1. Shobika – yes, so long as you are a registered student and are over 16 you can participate!

5. drake ssenyonga says:

Hello, I can’t seem to get passed activity two. It keeps telling me Deployment failed. However when i try to upload the wordpress manually. I am cannot create an sql database as it requires i upgrade my dreamspark subscription. Is this the only way out.

1. Drake, I’m sorry to hear you are having issues. Please fill out a support request for the Azure Student Offer here: https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Support.aspx

6. tarang dwivedy says:

HEY, CAN I MAKE APPLICATION OR GAME IN ANY OTHER SOFTWARE OTHER THAN THE APPLICATIONS GIVEN BY SITE LIKE TOUCHDEVELOP AN THEN SUBMMIT IT

1. Tarang – please see the rules for the competition: https://www.imaginecup.com/Custom/Index/Rules

7. Muhammad Asad Ashraf says:

If i have already my resume on Azure Portal can i just give its link to activity 3?

1. Yes, that is an acceptable submission! Good luck!

8. Muhammad Arif Fathurohman says:

So the activity 3 is for November sweeptakes right?

9. Muhammad Arif Fathurohman says:

When the next activity will be held?

1. The activities can be completed at any time throughout the Hello Cloud competition – they do not correspond to a month. Each activity that you complete, no matter when you complete it, gives you an entry to the monthly raffle. The next activities will be announced this week!

10. premabalan ambikaibala says:

can i submit only 3 activities in Hello Cloud?

11. Mustafa Naim says:

Hi pablo, I wanted to know is the contest still on or is it over?
    I’ve also completed all the 3 challenge but i have’t received any mail regarding the winner of the contest.Please do let me know what’s going on.
    Thank you :).

12. Kashif Asif says:

I’m confuse in Activity Two in Hello Cloud Category. Is activity two require to develop own wordpress theme or I also can use default theme which is build already.

Skip to main content