Meet Our 2014 World Finals Judges!

Every year, Imagine Cup relies on hundreds of volunteer judges from around the world. They evaluate projects in our global contests such as the Pitch Video Challenge and the World Semifinals. For this season, many of our judges have come from Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professional program which consists of leading technology experts from around the world. Through an application process we identify judges with the right experience and specialties to evaluate each of our contests. They don’t get paid for this work — but as many judges have told me, the chance to see the work of the best students in the world and to help them achieve their goals is all the payment they need.

For our climactic World Finals event, we start recruiting judges months in advance. Finding industry-leading professionals able to devote an entire week of their time to serve as a World Finals judge is a real challenge. But we aim high and every year we get an outstanding slate of people from business, academia, and nonprofits to step forward and give generously of their time for the benefit of our students.

This year’s judges include representatives from some great organizations, including the International Red Cross and Red Crescent SocietiesIndiecade, the Gates Foundation, and Facebook. We’ve got a veteran technology reporter, Mary Jo Foley, joining us. And four judges from our 2013 World Finals in Russia have returned as well: Larry Hryb from Xbox LIVE, journalist and consultant Adam Sessler, human-computer design legend Bill Buxton, and Tetris creator Alexey Pajitnov. And of course our very special World Finals judges Satya Nadella (CEO of Microsoft), Hadi Partovi (founder of Code.org), and Erik Martin (GM of Reddit) will also be joining us.

We’ve compiled profiles of all our judges so you can get to know them. They’re an incredibly talented and diverse group of experts and we’re genuinely honored to welcome them to our event. The impact they’ll have on the lives of our World Finalist students will be amazing.

John Scott Tynes
Imagine Cup Program Lead
Microsoft Student Developers

1. Anto Yesuraj says:

Please request Mother Melida Gates as a Judge

2. Anto Yesuraj says:

Please add my guru G Billgates as a judge

3. Anto Yesuraj says:

At a same time I need Chance. I will change MSFT future. 1.4 Billion WP handsets activated in 18 months. I am challenging that No one can do this task. this year i mean at the end of 2014 Nokia face 31.5% sales Drop

4. Anto Yesuraj says:

I am Just asking one chance. that change that future. Chance is the powerful tool who ever seen. I just asked 1 chance.Give me a chance. I want to overcome my my village else my life and future lost here. help me to overcome. I will change Microsoft stock price three time higher. I need chance

5. Anto Yesuraj says:

I want chance. I need chance. IC you are giving chance only to rich family student. I am not rich i need chance. Help me to overcome from my remote village. I will give billions of profit to MSFT. Give chance for me. This is World Poor students Voice

6. Anto Yesuraj says:

At the End of the year 2014 I am waiting for MSFT WP8.1 Total sales record. You and your company never sell more than 50 Million Handsets. I have power to sale 1.4 Billion handset a Lumia phone on every pocket. No one can do my task. If I got chance I just take 18 months to achieve 1.4 WP sales record. Do your 35 black sheep team and team member do this task “no”. I will change the game 3place WP goes to #1 then Android #2 Apple#3

7. Anto Yesuraj says:

I want Chance. I need Chance. My Environment not good. I want Overcome from my remote village. Give Chance. Help me to overcome. Answer my Question. I will Change MSFT Future. Help me to overcome. You are only giving chances to rich family students. I am poor student I need chance

8. Anto Yesuraj says:

Do you know a person lives a life with less than 1 USD if you live in that environment you know the pain of poor student otherwise you cannot know. Give Chance for poor student

9. Anto Yesuraj says:

I just asked one Chance. Give me a chance. MICROSOFT giving so many chances to students but all chances are only going to students from rich family. Poor students not getting any chances. This is the voice of World’s Student from poor Family + Poverty Family. Give Chance to me. MSFT Stock price goes Upward Direction if i got chance I am challenging. I need Chance. Help me to overcome from my remote village.

10. Anto Yesuraj says:

I here one think I am Telling that Investors are “King” Employees are “Players” when the player not played well a team loose the match. Give me a chance I will change Microsoft Future. its stock price goes 3 times higher. I will change MSFT big ship to “Galaxy” I will change Microsoft future Inestimable Upward direction

11. Anto Yesuraj says:

My question do your black sheep 35 team have power to save Microsoft future. Then why are you giving chance to rich family students. I want chance. If i failed in that chance then you kill. If i got chance 1.4 billion handset activated in 18months. I want chance.

12. Anto Yesuraj says:

Your mvp thrown out so many good. Who selected the mvp as judge. Here i have chapels for that unworthy fellows

13. Anto Yesuraj says:

First stop the partnership with xolo,micromax,karbon Microsoft doing worst things. Micromax hardware waste hardware. Nokia best,hardware but so many problems in the winphone8,8.1 if xolo,micromax,karbon this partnership loops Microsoft loose the name in the market stop the worst things. Apple never partnership with third party OEM

14. Anto Yesuraj says:

Add my guru g bill gates and mother melinda gates as a judge

15. Anto Yesuraj says:

Microsoft investors are not happy. Last quarter it only generate 6-7billion as profit shame to hear. If i got chance MSFT generate 29billion profit for every quarter. I am not joking here ok. Its truth

16. Anto Yesuraj says:

In this year end 2014 nokia face 31.5 % sales drop wp sales. If MSFT not partnership with third party OEM then nokia face 26% average sales drop at the 2014 end. If partnership continued nokia face 31.5% sales drops and more operating loss

17. Anto Yesuraj says:

Give chance for future. I want chance. My environment not good. I want to overcome from my remote village

18. Anto Yesuraj says:

I have one more question your mvp selected 30 worst project in the universe as a world finalists its a competition or a comedy show. Including pitch video challenge also selected world waste 30 projects,

19. Anto Yesuraj says:

My question do your black sheep 35 team have power to save Microsoft future. Then why are you giving chance to rich family students. I want chance. If i failed in that chance then you kill me i am ready to die on that situation. If i got chance 1.4 billion handset activated in 18months. I want chance

20. Anto Yesuraj says:

In here one think I am Telling that Investors are “King” Employees are “Players” when the player not played well a team loose the match. Give me a chance I will change Microsoft Future. its stock price goes 3 times higher. I will change MSFT big ship to “Galaxy” I will change Microsoft future Inestimable Upward direction. “your players are sleeping one person need to wake up that employees” now nokia market down. I have power to regain its market. It goes up up up if chance i got.

21. Anto Yesuraj says:

I want chance. First give chance in good environment and then watch what happening. I just asked one chance. Why are you chances to unworthy rich family blacksheeps and donkeys.

22. Anto Yesuraj says:

I need chance. I want to overcome from my remote village. I need infrastructure. Only source. I want to immigrate

23. Anto Yesuraj says:

See difference between labour and MSFT Indian employees a labour get a salary for lifting 2000 bricks they got 3 usd. But most of Microsoft India just sleeping and earning 1500usd per month as a starting salary. they only giving chances only to rich family students. They doesn’t know the pain of poor. If you get daily a salary less than 1 usd per day then only you know what problem poor family and poor family students pains

24. Anto Yesuraj says:

Who is the judge for pitch video and software developing lifecycle challenge i have so many stones and chapels for punishing that judge. I published worlds best #1 project in that competition why that judge pig rejected my project

25. JAY-AR GARCIA says: