In case you missed it the new Office is already available to volume license customers and later this month it will launch to consumers.
Here are a few things that we love about the new Office…
The new Office delivers your Office applications anywhere, all optimized for the best experience across your devices – from PCs to smartphones to tablets.
- Stay Connected – It helps you stay connected with new tools such as high-definition video conferencing, enterprise social networking newsfeeds that provide real time updates on people, documents & discussions and Site Mailboxes that keep all team communications and documents in sync.
- Security without compromise – It helps you keep your company’s data safe and your business compliant with enterprise-grade data loss prevention tools, built-in malware protection and integrated compliance functionality.
- Run it the way you want to – You can run the new Office the way you want, with flexible deployment options that allow you to run it on-premises, as a hosted service or as a hybrid of both.
And here is some early feedback from customers
- Replacing our Lotus Notes environment with SharePoint 2013 will make our police and business staff more efficient, reduce our IT management burden, and lower our IT costs. Ian Bell, Head of Information and Communications Technology, Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- “We like the portability capabilities so we can start to have the Office client available throughout the organization, no matter where you are, no matter what kind of device you use.” Nancy Blankenship, Vice President of IT, First Data (24,500 employees)
- “We’re really looking forward to ediscovery. We’re able to give security administrators the work we currently do, such as litigation hold and searching across different content sets.” Anthony Ciske, Windows System Administrator, Marquette University (38,627 employees)
- “Being able to follow other users or the documents they post through newsfeeds and alerts will improve the way our employees find information and how they interact with each other.” Chris Teer, Web COE, Sr. IT Project Manager, Stanley Black & Decker Customer (30,000 employees)