On 9th July a group of healthcare professionals from across the UK gathered in Central London to discuss how social media and networking can be of benefit to healthcare. The organiser of the event was DocCom – a new, secure, online community for healthcare professionals. The seminar was extremely interesting and some key topics were discussed including:
- Current limits in access to social networking on NHS IT systems.
- The growing demand to use social media as a great communication tool between clinicians – especially when sharing important medical news.
- Trials and surveys some healthcare trusts have conducted in recent years to get more clinicians engaged with social media.
- What cloud is and how it can help (a talk by Microsoft’s cloud expert – Nick Umney).
- Why DocCom is of huge benefit to healthcare communication.
You can read our review of the seminar here, but we’ve also got a great video for you featuring some of the DocCom seminar attendees, filmed during the event at Microsoft’s Cardinal Place offices…
Posted by Howard.