As pressure increases on healthcare organisations to deliver safety information in more effective and timely ways organisations are turning to IT solutions to help them deliver this. The popularity of social media among HCP’s has blurred the boundary between personal and professional lives with instances of breaches of patient confidentiality and inappropriate use on the increase. But is social networking all bad? Or can the networking technology common place in personal communications be harnessed to help Healthcare communicate more effectively?
DocCom in partnership with Microsoft are hosting this seminar to explore and discuss these topics:
- Hear from Microsoft’s technical specialist for cloud, Nick Umney talk about the opportunity and risks.
- Learn more about Gaining Insight to change behaviour in Healthcare with Peter Aitken Lead for Improvement at NIHR CLAHRC Southwest Peninsula
- Understand how Dr Clare Wedderburn, Associate Dean at Dorset GP thinks the new relationships between acute and primary will require a transformation in coordination & communication.
- See first hand how social networking technology can help save lives with Kevin Cleary of NPSA demonstrating a case study on Disseminating safety information
- Engage with a wide spread of your healthcare peers and discuss the challenges you face.
Where: Microsoft Offices, Cardinal Place, 80-100 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5JL
When: Monday 9th July 2012 from 10:30 to 2:00 with lunch.
Places are limited for this free event so please register your interest for the event by emailing DocCom.