We’re pleased to announce the availability of Deploying and Managing Active Directory with Windows PowerShell: Tools for cloud-based and hybrid environments (ISBN 9781509300655), by Charlie Russel.
Streamline and modernize the way you manage Active Directory
Use Windows PowerShell to simplify and accelerate Active Directory domain controller management, whether you’re running Active Directory entirely in the cloud, on-premises, or in a hybrid environment. In this concise reference, Microsoft MVP Charlie Russel presents the commands, tested scripts, and best-practice advice you need to deploy and run Active Directory in a modern environment and to migrate smoothly to cloud or hybrid deployments wherever they offer more value.
Supercharge your productivity as an Active Directory administrator
• Get proven scripts that leverage the power of Windows Server 2012 and Windows Management Framework 4.0 and 5.0
• Deploy forests and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
• Manage DNS and DHCP
• Create and manage users and groups
• Deploy additional domain controllers, read-only domain controllers (RODCs), and domains
• Implement and manage fine-grained password policies
• Perform fast, reliable backups and restores
• Quickly extend on-premises Active Directory deployments to the cloud
• Efficiently manage roles and sites
About the Author
Charlie Russel, Microsoft MVP, is the author of more than two dozen computer books on operating systems and enterprise environments, including Windows Small Business Server 2011 Administrator’s Companion, Windows Server 2008 Administrator’s Companion, and Exam Ref 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012 R2. His areas of expertise include Windows PowerShell and Windows Server.