Purchase from these online retailers:
Independent booksellers – Shop local
Understand what every developer should know about performance when building Windows Store apps. Not designed as a comprehensive reference, this book instead zeroes in on the essentials of planning for great performance and provides a solid starting point for building fast apps.
This concise, performance-focused guide:
· Provides an introduction to the Windows platform from a performance point of view
· Describes how to set performance goals, establish tests to track performance, and covers tools to instrument code and analyze performance
· Explains why common techniques such as micro benchmarks and ad hoc testing often fall short in verifying performance
· Focuses on managed C#/XAML apps
· Although tools and techniques also apply to Visual Basic/XAML apps, all code examples use C#
About the Author
Brian Rasmussen is a program manager on the Windows Ecosystem team at Microsoft, where he helps partners and customers build high-performance apps for Windows. In his previous role, he helped build the next generation of compilers and language services for Visual C# and Visual Basic, and before joining Microsoft he was a Microsoft MVP for C#.