Purchase from these online retailers:
Independent booksellers – Shop local
The portable, practical guide for Windows administrators
Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers ready answers for administering storage, security, and networking features in Windows 8.1. Zero in on core tasks through quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You’ll get the focused information you need to save time and get the job done – whether at your desk or in the field.
- Managing firmware, boot configuration, and startup
- Using TPM and BitLocker
- Managing disk drives and file systems
- Configuring advanced storage
- Managing file security and resource sharing
- Maintaining data access and availability
- Configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP networking
- Managing mobile networking and remote access
- Configuring advanced networking solutions
About the Author
William R. Stanek is an award-winning author who’s written more than 100 books, including Windows Server 2012 Inside Out, Windows 8 Administration Pocket Consultant, and Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Pocket Consultant. He is the series editor for the Pocket Consultant line of books.