Purchase from these online retailers:
Independent booksellers – Shop local
Solve your content management problems efficiently with Microsoft SharePoint
Meet the challenges of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) head on, using rich ECM features in SharePoint 2013. Led by two ECM experts, you’ll learn how to build a solid information architecture (IA) for managing documents, knowledge, web content, digital assets, records, and user-generated content throughout your organization. With examples and case studies based on the authors’ real-world experience, this practical book is ideal for CIOs, marketing executives, project managers, and enterprise architects.
Discover how to:
• Design a scalable, easy-to-use content management repository
• Build an ECM team with specific project governance roles
• Gain stakeholder support for project and change management
• Foster user adoption by clarifying general IA concepts
• Organize content using SharePoint records management tools
• Configure content types, managed metadata, and site settings
• Examine processes for managing paper-driven vs. digital content
• Apply best practices for deploying SharePoint ECM features
• Support risk management and compliance regulations
About the Authors
Chris Riley is a recognized industry expert in ECM, SharePoint, Big Data, and Cloud. He has 15 years of experience in the ECM arena. He holds the following certifications from AIIM, the enterprise content management (ECM) trade organization: Enterprise Content Management Practitioner (ECMp), Information, Organization, and Access Practitioner (IOAp), and Capture. Chris is a sought after speaker and educator throughout the content gathering and delivery space.
Shadrach White has managed over 300 large scale information technology deployments, as an engineer and later in executive positions. He has worked with many technologies, manufacturers, and customers from installing early versions of Novell Netware to developing business process management and document imaging solutions.