Purchase from these online retailers:
Independent booksellers – Shop local
Dive deep inside the architecture of SQL Server 2012. Explore the core engine of Microsoft SQL Server 2012—and put that practical knowledge to work. Led by a team of SQL Server experts, you’ll learn the skills you need to exploit key architectural features. Go behind the scenes to understand internal operations for creating, expanding, shrinking, and moving databases—whether you’re a database developer, architect, or administrator.
Discover how to:
• Dig into SQL Server 2012 architecture and configuration
• Use the right recovery model and control transaction logging
• Reduce query execution time through proper index design
• Track events, from triggers to the Extended Event Engine
• Examine internal structures with database console commands
• Transcend row-size limitations with special storage capabilities
• Choose the right transaction isolation level and concurrency model
• Take control over query plan caching and reuse
About the Author
Kalen Delaney, a Microsoft MVP for SQL Server since 1993, provides advanced SQL Server training to clients worldwide. She is a contributing editor and columnist for SQL Server Magazine and the author of several highly regarded books, including Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Internals.