The Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) team is excited to announce a new course in the popular “Jump Start” series of live online training events on May 2nd! This core skills course will feature Microsoft Technical Evangelist Jerry Nixon and co-founder of Crank211 Daren May, who will deliver an engaging, demo-rich, live learning experience for developers interested in bulking up their C# app programming skills. This course is also a great way to prepare for Exam 70-484.
This Jump Start covers Developing Windows Store Apps using C#. In typical Jump Start fashion it will be filled with lots of demos and fun. Microsoft Technical Evangelist Jerry Nixon and the co-founder of Crank211, Daren May, will craft sample after sample in real time to show simple and complex techniques you can take back to your workplace. Because this course loosely follows the criteria for exam 70-484, it is tailored for intermediary to seasoned developers looking to create Windows Store Apps. It will provide an overview on creating the User Interface layout and structure using XAML.
- Overview of the Windows 8 Platform and Windows Store Apps
- Creating User Interfaces using XAML
- Presenting Data and Implementing Layout using Windows 8 Built-In Controls
- Handling Files in Windows Store Apps
- Windows Store App Process Lifetime Management, Working with Resources, Styles, and Templates
- Designing and Implementing Navigation in a Windows Store App
- Implementing Windows 8 Contracts, Tiles and User Notifications
- Designing and Implementing a Data Access Strategy
- Planning for Windows Store App Deployment