The Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) team has announced a new course in the popular “Jump Start” series of live online training events on April 18!
This free skills course will feature Joey Snow, Corey Hynes and Adam Carter, who will deliver an engaging, demo-rich, live learning experience for IT Pros interested in the latest approaches to desktop virtualization.
Register here: https://aka.ms/VDI-Tech
- Module 01 | VDI Overview
- What is/why VDI?
- Sessions/Personal/Pooled; VDI vs App-V and UE-V (DV overview)
- Module 02 | Windows Server 2012 User Experience
- RemoteFX for WAN; USB Redirection; Adaptive Graphics
- Windows 8 Client/Start Menu Integration/Touch; User Profile Disk
- Module 03 | Windows Server 2012 VDI Management
- Deployment Wizard; Admin Console
- Collection Creation/Update
- Powershell; SCCM and SCOM
- Module 04 | Why Hyper-V?
- Dynamic Memory; RemoteFX vGPU
- Storage Spaces and SMB, CSV
- Module 05 | Capacity Planning & Architecture
- Hardware Recommendations; High Availability
- Storage Options (san/jbod/smb/ssd)
- Module 06 | Leveraging Citrix
- Support for Windows XP/2008/2003/etc.
- Support for non-Windows clients (iPad, etc.)
- Management at Scale
- Module 07 | Microsoft VDI Licensing
- Demystifying the license requirements for VDI/RDS solutions