Teach yourself how to build applications with Microsoft Visual C# 2012 and Visual Studio 2012—one step at a time. Ideal for those with fundamental programming skills, this tutorial provides practical, learn-by-doing exercises for mastering core C# language features and creating working applications and components for Windows.
Discover how to:
- Work with variables, non-reserved identifiers, statements, operators, and methods
- Use the new application models provided by Windows 8 and the Windows Runtime
- Create interfaces and define abstract classes
- Manage errors and exception handling
- Use collection classes
- Work with databases by using DataBinding with the Entity Framework
- Respond to user input and gestures; gather input from devices and other sources
- Handle events arising from multiple sources
- Develop your first Windows 8 apps
Purchase at The Microsoft Press Store.