This month, Microsoft Press was recognized in the 2012 Puget Sound Technical Communication competition. Six of our titles were entered and all received awards. Each title was evaluated against rigorous standards for information design, use and appearance of visual elements, usability, writing and editing, and how well the publication meets the needs of the intended audience. Congratulations to our wonderful authors and editors!
Editors Carol Dillingham and Valerie Woolley represented Microsoft Press at the awards ceremony.
The future of looking back
Author: Richard Banks
Editor: Devon Musgrave
Microsoft Manual of Style
Author: Microsoft Editorial Board
Editors: Elizabeth Whitmire, Valerie Woolley
Our two Excellence award winners will now go on to the STC International Competition!
Inside Windows Debugging
Author: Tarik Soulami
Editor: Russell Jones
MCITP 70-663 Exam Ref: Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Author: Orin Thomas
Editor: Ken Jones
Visual Models for Software Requirements
Authors: Joy Beatty and Anthony Chen
Editors: Devon Musgrave and Carol Dillingham
Working with Microsoft Office 365: Running Your Small Business in the Cloud
Author: Brett Hill
Editor: Ken Jones
The STC Puget Sound Chapter is a valuable resource for Microsoft Press and we are grateful for the feedback we received for each entry. The mission of this chapter is:
- Encourage technical communicators and their employers to value quality technical communication products, services, and professionals.
- Promote opportunities for members to improve their professional skills and knowledge.
- Promote job opportunities in the Puget Sound region.
- Promote advances in the practice of technical communication.
- Promote the health and safety of technical communicators.
- Maintain the strength and viability of the Puget Sound Chapter.
- Ensure the future of the technical communications profession by encouraging promising candidates to prepare for careers as technical communicators.