Leveraging the popular “Jump Start” virtual classroom approach, Microsoft Senior Technical Evangelist Rick Claus and TrainSignal Microsoft Certified Trainer Ed Liberman will walk you through new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012. Topics and technologies covered will include Dynamic Access Control (DAC), Failover Clustering, Microsoft Online Backup and storage, Active Directory, Hyper-V and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), and high availability. This course is NOT a “product upgrade” course covering considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment; but, it is exam preparation material and maps directly to Exam 70-417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012.
Date/Time: October 23-24, 2012 (2 days)
• Day 1: 9:00am – 4:00pm PST
Where: Live, online virtual classroom
• Module 1: Installing and Configuring Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
• Module 2: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
• Module 3: Managing Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0
• Module 4: Managing Storage for Windows Server 2012
• Module 5: Implementing Network Services
• Module 6: Implementing Direct Access
• Module 7: Implementing Failover Clustering
• Module 8: Implementing Hyper-V
• Module 9: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
• Module 10: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
• Module 11: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
• Module 12: Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
Senior Technical Evangelist | Microsoft | @RicksterCDN
Rick engages the worldwide Technical Community on behalf of Microsoft. Rick's role is to support platform awareness and skills development through special events targeting the broad community. Technical areas of expertise from his 20+ years of experience in the IT Industry include:
Core infrastructure services, Virtualization technologies of all kinds, and systems management. Unofficially, Rick is focused on spreading his enthusiasm, passion and excitement on all things technical to anyone who has the time for a coffee (or pint) and a chat (in English or français – naturellement).
Technical Trainer | Train Signal | @TrainSignal_ed
Ed has worked in technology for 20 years, is a Microsoft MVP and has acquired a myriad of certifications (MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCT, MCTS, MCITP, A+, Network+, Server+, CWTS, CWNA, and CWNT). He has been certified and instructing IT since 1998. Ed has helped thousands get started or advance their careers in the IT industry.
When not in the classroom, he is helping corporations with their network infrastructure as an independent consultant. Leveraging a teaching style that encourages people to have fun while they learn, Ed prepares students to pass exams while helping them develop the skills needed to succeed in the “real world.” Ed also volunteers in as a math tutor for struggling grade school children in his local community.