Get acquainted with the many exciting new features of Windows Server 2012 in a free Jump Start course. On June 20-21, from 9:00am – 4:00pm PDT, join Microsoft Senior Technical Evangelist Rick Claus and Microsoft Partner Corey Hynes as they walk you through their personal favorite feature sets, and answer why and how each can improve your day-to-day IT environment. In these accelerated, engaging and demo-heavy sessions, you’ll discover how Windows Server 2012 provides a dynamic, highly-available and cost-effective server platform for the modern datacenter and the cloud. You won’t want to miss this! Register Now.
Windows Server 2012 Jump Start Details
- Course: “Windows Server 2012: Preparing for the Datacenter Evolution”
- Date/Time: June 20-21, 2012 from 9:00am – 4:00pm PDT
- Where: Live virtual classroom (online from wherever you are)
- Cost: FREE!
- Target audience: IT Professionals and IT Decision Makers
Day 1 Morning: Beyond Virtualization
• Learn about the game changers in the next release of the Hyper-V role on Windows Server 2012
- Scale, CPU, RAM, Cores, etc.
- Networking Switch (recorded demo hopefully)
- NUMA and performance
- Hyper-V over SMB and Hyper-V over RDMA
- Shared Nothing Live Migration
- Live Storage Migration
- Moving VM from test to a production cluster without downtime
• Massive scale increases, networking improvements, replication and disaster recovery is all in the box
- IP Address Virtualization
- IP Address Virtualization with SCVMM 2012 SP1
Day 1 Afternoon: Manageability Day 2 Morning: Storage Day 2 Afternoon: Remote Users Instructor Team: Training specifically designed for experienced technologists whose jobs demand they know how to best leverage new, emerging Microsoft technologies. These advanced courses assume a certain level of expertise and domain knowledge, so they move quickly and cover topics in a fashion that enables teams to effectively map new skills to real-world situations.
• Learn about how you can manage a few systems up to a hundred systems – all from one console
- Server Manager
- DAC… and related topics
- Installing roles in offline VHDs
• Server Core installs scaring you off? Learn about all your installation and management options
- Moving from Core-MiniShell-Full UI and back again
• Windows PowerShell automation and management at scale – all with built in tools
- PowerShell ISE and command simplification
- PowerShell new features and new PowerShell replacements for common commands
- Automating OS level tasks, IP addresses, etc.
• Clustering—Cluster-aware updating
- Network Teaming and network configuration
- SMB MultiChannel and RDMA
• Learn how Continuous Availability of File Services improves workload reliability and performance
- Setup HA File Server; SMB Failover
- Running SQL over SMB; Running Hyper-V over SMB
• Storage groups, disk provisioning, iSCSI and SAN integration
- Storage Spaces
- Built-in ISCSI; Boot from ISCSI
- Windows Online Backup
• Remote connectivity options for your workforce
- DA; Offline Domain Join and DA
- DA simplified Setup; Possible DA Multi-Site
• VDI and Remote Desktop Services deployment and changes
- User level disks
- Pooled / Private VDI Setup
- VDI Quick Setup
- Multi-Touch RDP
Rick Claus | Senior Technical Evangelist, Microsoft | @RicksterCDN
Rick engages the worldwide Technical Community on behalf of Microsoft. Rick's role is to support platform awareness and skills development through special events targeting the broad community. Technical areas of expertise from his 20+ years of experience in the IT Industry include: core infrastructure services, Virtualization technologies of all kinds, and systems management. Unofficially, Rick is focused on spreading his enthusiasm, passion and excitement on all things technical to anyone who has the time for a coffee (or pint) and a chat (in English or français - naturellement).
Corey Hynes | President & Founder, HynesITe, Inc.| @holSystems
Corey has been a core infrastructure architect and consultant in the field for over 15 years. His primary focus is operating system virtualization, management and deployment. Corey has been working with Hyper-V, XenDesktop and VMware extensively since they were introduced and he is currently a member of the Windows 8 TAP program. He is the author of over 100 labs across multiple product lines, and is the lead author of the Windows Server 2012 hands-on labs currently available on TechNet. Corey is also the owner and lead technical architect for holSystems, an online VM hosting engine for training and demo providers which hosts thousands of VM instances in a custom, thin-provisioning engine, and is the platform used for hands-on labs, instructor-led labs, and on-demand virtual labs worldwide.
Day 1 Afternoon: Manageability
Day 2 Morning: Storage
Day 2 Afternoon: Remote Users
Training specifically designed for experienced technologists whose jobs demand they know how to best leverage new, emerging Microsoft technologies. These advanced courses assume a certain level of expertise and domain knowledge, so they move quickly and cover topics in a fashion that enables teams to effectively map new skills to real-world situations.