Well it is official, the registration site for the 2012 Scripting Games is open. This is a major milestone on the trek for the games. Now, I just sit back and see how many people register for the games. The announcement that the registration opened occurred on the Hey Scripting Guy! blog. In that post, I mentioned several reasons for competing in the games. I would like to state my top ten reasons for competing in the 2012 Scripting Games.
1. It is a great chance to learn Windows PowerShell.
2. It is a great chance to receive a free critique of your PowerShell scripts by some of the best scripters in the world.
3. It is a tremendous opportunity to compare your scripting skills with other people around the world.
4. It is a great opportunity to learn from your peers, as you see their solutions to the same event that you spent hours pondering over.
5. It is an excellent opportunity to learn from experts, as you compare your solution to the one developed by one of the expert commentators.
6. It is a great way to meet new friends, as you share your experiences in the games on Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites.
7. It is a fantastic time to learn from your peers as you read their blog posts about their experiences completing various Scripting Games events.
8. It is a great way to win swag as you peer over the daily prize listings.
9. It is a nice way to spend a couple of weekends as you write solutions for different events, review entries submitted by your peers, and read about shared experiences on various blog postings.
10. It adds excitement, and a bit of competition to what could otherwise be called work.