MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-515): Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4, by Tony Northrup and Mike Snell, is on its way to the printer. It will be available in book stores in mid December and is now available for pre-order through online book sellers.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning to:
• Configure Web Forms pages; add user and web server controls
• Manage user input, state, events, and security features
• Implement data-bound controls and manipulate data with LINQ
• Develop accessibility and globalization features
• Build websites based on the ASP.NET MVC framework
• Debug, deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot applications
Your kit includes:
- 15% exam discount from Microsoft. Offer expires 12/31/15. Details inside.
- Official self-paced study guide.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 300+ practice and review questions.
- Code samples in Microsoft Visual Basic® 2010 and Visual C#® 2010 on CD.
- Case scenarios, exercises, and best practices.
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide.
ISBN 9780735627406, 1008 pages, USA $69.99
Contents at a Glance
Introducing ASP.NET 4
Using Master Pages, Themes, and Caching
CHAPTER 3 Handling Events and Managing State
Using Server Controls
Input Validation and Site Navigation
Globalization and Accessibility
Creating Custom Web Controls
Debugging and Deploying
Working with Client-Side Scripting, AJAX, and jQuery
Writing and Working with HTTP Modules and Web Services
Connecting to and Querying Data with LINQ
Working with Data Source Controls and Data-Bound Controls
Implementing User Profiles, Authentication, and Authorization
Creating Websites with ASP.NET MVC 2