A few weeks ago, Kimberly Kim sent out the call for feedback about our series of Training Kits covering the .NET Framework exams. We are very grateful that so many of you have responded, but we want to hear more.
In the next couple weeks, we will begin the serious planning for the next round of Training Kits covering the .NET Framework exams. We want to make sure that your voice is included.
The best way to put your ideas in front of planners and editors at Microsoft Press is through our online survey: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/booksurvey. We really, truly read every response.
Specifically, we are hoping you can provide feedback on the following titles. (The survey will ask you to provide the ISBN of the title you are reviewing.)
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-502): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5—Windows Presentation Foundation
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-503): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5—Windows Communication Foundation
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-505): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5—Windows Forms Application Development
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-561): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5—ADO.NET Application Development
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-562): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5—ASP.NET Application Development
Tell us what you liked and would not want to see go away. Tell us what made you crazy and that you want to see changed the next time!
Here are just a few of the thoughtful responses we’ve received already:
"Make sure that the books address the why's of technology. I can use a search engine for syntax and examples."
"I realize that these books cover the topics on the exam but a little more detail around each topic would be better."
"When using examples…use real world examples, following best practices, using the same example from start to finish."
What do you think?