We quickly mentioned this on Twitter yesterday, but a fuller story in a blog post is probably welcome. Indeed, you can find the complete list of our DRM-free ebooks (as well as all of our books) here.
When you buy an ebook, you get lifetime access to the book, and whenever possible we provide it to you in four, DRM-free file formats—PDF, .epub, Kindle-compatible .mobi, and Android .apk ebook—that you can use on the devices of your choice. Our ebook files are fully searchable, and you can cut-and-paste and print them. We also alert you when we've updated the files with corrections and additions.
Here are more details:
- iPhone -- Grab the EPUB and read it in the Stanza App or the mobile version of Bookworm.
- Android -- Read the .apk or .EPUB on your favorite reader.
- Kindle -- Get the Mobipocket file and load it onto your Kindle.
- Sony Reader -- EPUBs work well on your Sony Reader.
- Computer -- Get either the EPUB or PDF.
- Other Mobile Devices -- Explore the EPUB with the mobile version of Bookworm.
And here’s even better news:
Buy 2 books, get the 3rd FREE! Use discount code: OPC10
Some of our books that you can now purchase as an ebook are these:
Finally, some information from O’Reilly on the bundled ebook offerings:
Bundles and Updates
When you purchase an ebook bundle (currently available on a select set of titles as part of a pilot project), you'll get access to all three of the formats we're currently supporting. Since we began selling PDF versions of many of our titles, we've offered free updates to reflect published changes in the books; the same will apply to the Ebook bundle, which will replace the PDF option on those titles in the pilot program.
We’ll be adding more ebooks month by month. Enjoy, everybody!