Microsoft Press recently released a book on Mac Office 2008. The book is Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Step by Step. Part of the popular Step by Step series and based on the Home and Student Edition, this book covers
- Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac
- Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac
- Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac
- Microsoft Messenger for Mac.
Author, Joan Preppernau, also includes coverage of features new to 2008, such as
- Office Toolbox. Common to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, the Toolbox contains most of the tools for tasks such as formatting and inserting graphics.
- Elements Gallery. Another common feature, use this gallery to perform many tasks in all three programs.
- Themes. Enable you to create documents, worksheets, and presentations with a common look.
- SmartArt graphics. Create professional-looking diagrams of processes and relationships in any document, worksheet, or presentation.
- New file formats (Office Open XML Formats). These file formats make it easy to share files with Windows-based computers, as well as reduce file sizes and improve data recovery.
It’s been a couple of years since we had a book on Mac Office, so we’re very excited about this release and also want to hear what you think! Feel free to drop a line.