InfoPath form will be available on SharePoint list/Library after publishing the form successfully. Now you are getting following error while creating new item:
"The form cannot be rendered. This may be due to a misconfiguration of the Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service. For more information, contact your server administrator. "
This seems with the misconfiguration of State Service.
Check the database status of State Service and re-enable the state service by using one of the following approach.
- Through PowerShell script:
New-SPStateServiceDatabase -Name "StateServiceDB" -DatabaseServer "DBServerName" | New-SPStateServiceApplication -Name "State Service" | New-SPStateServiceApplicationProxy -Name "State Service Proxy" -DefaultProxyGroup > $null
- Below are the steps to activate the “State Service” from Central Administration site:
- Launch the “Farm Configuration Wizard”
Note: Use SharePoint farm account to run the wizard which should have dbcreator role.
- On the next page “Services” – Create a new Application Pool / Choose an existing one.
- On this page you will find that the services already enabled are greyed out. You will find that “State Service” is not greyed out but automatically checked. In this page all services that are not yet enabled will be selected – make sure you uncheck the ones that you don’t need.
- Click “Next”. On the next Page – click “Skip”
- In the following page click “Finish”. This completes the activation.
You will be able to create new item on InfoPath list/ Library now.
Published By: Neelesh Singh Rai