Here's some updates for DST. I also have access to premier support information if you have questions or problems.
Microsoft has released a hotfix package for the Outlook Time Zone Data Update tool. (link below) The hotfix package adds command-line options to the Outlook Time Zone Data Update tool. You can use these options to control the behavior of the tool in specific scenarios. This article discusses five scenarios that may occur when you install the daylight saving time (DST) 2007 updates in a Microsoft Exchange organization. This article also describes how to use the command-line options that are included in the hotfix package for the Outlook Time Zone Data Update tool to resolve the issues that are described in each scenario.
The following five scenarios are discussed in this article:
• Rebase single-instance items after DST 2007 updates are applied to an operating system
• Force rebase calendar items and suppress the calendar updates that result from the time zone rebasing
• Rebase direct booking and resource calendars
• Rebase public folder calendars
• Create an Item Modification log
*NEW!* Description of the hotfix package for the Time Zone Data Update tool for Microsoft Office Outlook
The following articles have been recently updated:
How to address the daylight saving time changes in 2007 by using the Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook
How to address daylight saving time by using the Exchange Calendar Update Tool
Reminder: Changes to recommended patching order
Although you will notice that the general guidance for DST is still patch server OS, patch Exchange server (CDO patch), patch workstation OS, and then run the Exchange/Outlook Calendar Update Tool (Rebasing tool).
Install server OS patches.
Install workstation OS patches.
Run Exchange/Outlook Calendar Update Tool.
Apply Exchange server CDO patch.
The reason for this shift in guidance is if you install the daylight saving time updates on the Exchange server before you update mailboxes, recurring meetings that are created by Outlook Web Access will not be updated by the Exchange tool.
Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center
Video Demos for Running Exchange and Outlook DST 2007 Tools
DST 2007 Daily Technical Chats with MicrosoftExperts
Daily from 10:00am to 2:00pm PST. To participate in a technical chat with Microsoft subject matter experts on DST please visit our schedule:
Webcasts for daylight saving time changes in 2007:
“Preparing for Daylight Saving Time: Microsoft IT’s approach” https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/lmevents/view?id=msft021307dtE&pw=WG987A&cn=
“The impact of daylight saving time on Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Office Outlook” on 2/2/2007 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932046
“Daylight Saving Time and Windows 2000” on 1/18/2007 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930688
Exchange Calendar Update Tool Guidance:
· V2 of Exchange Calendar Update Tool now available:
Key improvements over V1:
1. ~2x performance improvement when MSEXTMZ.exe is running in Update Mode
2. Improved user interface
3. Fixed memory leak that caused the need to frequently restart the client machine
4. Improved algorithm for mapping extracted time zones to OS time zones
· * Step-by-Step run of the Exchange Calendar Update Configuration Tool (MSExTMZCFG.EXE) is available at http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/02/14/435267.aspx
· DST and resource mailboxes – Auto Accept Agent and Direct Booking workarounds http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/02/16/435404.aspx
· How to find public folder calendars and their owners http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/02/16/435378.aspx