- This is a very positive and favorable report for Microsoft and positions Microsoft Dynamics as one of the leading vendors in the CEC space. Microsoft’s move from the Challenger quadrant to the Leader quadrant demonstrates Microsoft’s momentum in this space, shows us gaining and surpassing our top competitors, and reflects the company’s investment in Microsoft Dynamics customer service capabilities through the acquisition of Parature and ongoing development.
- In January, Microsoft acquired Parature, a leading provider of cloud-based customer engagement solutions. This acquisition adds world-class Customer self-service capabilities to further accelerate the Microsoft Dynamics vision of helping organizations deliver amazing customer experiences.
Not only has Microsoft moved significantly in this report over the past year, but Microsoft Dynamics has also surpassed Oracle Service Cloud, beating them on both “completeness of vision” and “ability to execute.” Microsoft also made good advances against other competitors, with Pegasystems showing only slight improvement and Salesforce.com remaining in essentially the same place as last year. Some of the cautions listed in this report will be addressed with the new capabilities delivered with Microsoft Social Listening in Microsoft CRM 2013 SP1. Due to timing of this report, those capabilities were not considered in Microsoft’s Leader score, so, together with capabilities delivered in future updates, we anticipate continued forward movement in next year’s CEC MQ.
The report does highlight that with these capabilities, Microsoft Dynamics will offer the first viable cloud-based product for more than 250 agent support centers.
In February, Microsoft announced the unveiling of a new comprehensive set of marketing, customer care and social listening capabilities that will help Microsoft Dynamics CRM customers match their customers to the right products and services, engage with them in the right way, at the right time, and nurture their relationships. These new capabilities, include the ability for people to:
- Be smart marketers: Microsoft Dynamics Marketing – designed to help marketers plan effectively, drive effective marketing campaigns, generate new opportunities and understand the
impact of their marketing investment.
- Deliver personalized customer care: a new Unified Service Desk application – designed to help businesses engage with customers in a personalized manner on virtually any device, anywhere.
- Enable social for everyone: Microsoft Social Listening – designed to help every sales, service and marketing professional within an organization deliver deeper insights so organizations can provide great service and deliver customer experiences that
are easy, authentic and delightful – in a word, amazing.
Microsoft has more than 40,000 customers and 4 million users using Microsoft Dynamics CRM and is aggressively building its sales capacity to meet the demand.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM continues its positive momentum with 39 consecutive quarters of double-digit growth.
The future for our customers is bright indeed and we look forward to sharing that vision with customers, partners and influencers as we continue to lead in the CRM market.