May 1 - General availability of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.This is a major milestone as this update to our ERP solution for enterprises and upper mid-market businesses represents a significant step for the entire industry toward the future of ERP, with apps, device and services in the cloud as cornerstones of its new capabilities.
R3 is continuing the revolution of the enterprise level business solutions we are delivering to customers. R3 will help enterprises better engage with their customers, more effectively run their businesses and expand their operations. It features:
- Modern apps: A new end to end apps and services framework allowing businesses to use, develop, and distribute modern apps for specific scenarios and mobile devices that can easily and securely connect with Microsoft Dynamics AX. This framework brings together some of the great Microsoft products in specific business scenarios including Windows Azure, Windows Intune, and Windows 8.
- Run in the cloud: Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 adds support for deployment on Windows Azure via infrastructure as a service. This capability delivers high availability of data and disaster recovery data, as critical business data is stored in the cloud and can be
retrieved by businesses virtually anytime, anywhere (planned to be available after GA). Pre-configured environments are also available on Windows Azure for businesses to speed deployment, and significantly reduce time to value from Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3, for demonstration, development, testing and production usage.
- Deployment and manage through the cloud with Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services which introduces new solutions for serviceability and support to help organizations improve the predictability of implementations and provides them with the agility required to keep up with ever-changing business environments.
- New Warehouse and transportation management capabilities integrated in Microsoft Dynamics AX helping organizations to offer customers choice, flexibility, and competitive pricing through lowering operational costs.
- Enhancing the omni-channel retail offering even further with modern POS for sales associates, call-center capabilities, and social media and eCommerce integrations.
Blogs: Check out all the latest Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 blog posts to learn about the new capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
Microsoft Dynamics AX General Session at Convergence offers a great overview of the new capabilities being delivered complete with compelling customer stories. And if you have still not attended the Online Launch event, you can still sign up on demand here: https://presentations.inxpo.com/Shows/microsoft/4-10-14/Registration/Registration.html?AffiliateKey=21572&AffiliateData=1939
Additional information for customers and partners is now available on the Microsoft Dynamics website.
Social outreach: Twitter: follow @msftdynamics and retweet us.