This year, on November 7, 2014, the seventh Microsoft ALM Day will take place in Oerlikon, Zurich. In ten sessions, together with our partners, we present the latest features and solutions in the field of Application Lifecycle Management, as well as related topics. You will also be brought up to date on Xamarin, Microsoft Azure and universal Windows apps.
For anyone unwilling to wait until then, the latest features and improvements offered by Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 can be installed right now. We have prepared a compact summary of the most important changes for you:
- Application Insights for monitoring Web sites or apps can now be configured directly with Visual Studio 2013.
- The Visual Studio Graphics Analyzer allows graphics frame analysis and display of shader code changes without a restart.
- The CodeLens support in Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate now also supports Git projects.
- Code maps now also display relationships in a graphically appealing way, using various colors.
- Test plans and suites can be customized by the user.
- Improvements have been added to the CPU and Memory Usage tools.
Also consider becoming a member of the just launched “Windows Insider Program” that gives you access to the technical preview of Windows 10 and a stream of updated builds during the development process. This allows you to use and give us feedback on the operating system of the future. For details read the Microsoft press announcement.