My kids are desperate for pets; my six-year old son wants a dog (note, a dog, not a puppy!) and my 4-year old daughter wants a cat. The worse part is my wife keeps egging the kids on, and says she'll get the a pet when I'm next out of town.
Tonite I told my daughter I was leaving for D.C. for a couple of days, here's how the chat went:
- Me: I'll be out of town for a couple of days in Washington, D.C. Ok?
- Paige: Ok. I'll miss you daddy.
- Me: I'll miss you too...
At this point, Paige starts smiling.
- Paige: When you come back, I'll have a surpise for you.
- Me: That's nice. What?
- Paige: I can't tell you, it's a secret.
- Me: Oh!
- Paige: I'll have to put tape on it's mouth so you can't hear it "meow"!