Microsoft is hosting a World Wide Windows Server 2008 Road Show. This is a unique opportunity to learn about and gets hands-on experience with our latest Web server technology-Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and Internet Information Services 7. Myself and my teammates will be at these road shows and hope you can come out and join us!
ABOUT THE TRAINING:
IIS 7 is our most ambitious Web server to date and has many features that directly benefit the hosting community. IIS 7 will reduce total cost of ownership, improve manageability, and create new business opportunities.
Here are a few examples of what you can do with IIS 7:
Scale your infrastructure
- Easily sandbox thousands of Web sites on a single server
- "Xcopy" deployment of sites and servers with the new, file-based configuration system
- Remote Web server administration tool allows site owners and developers to control delegated Web site features
- Runtime Status and Control API provides rapid access to detailed diagnostic information.
Go to market faster
- Extensible, modular architecture allows you to quickly bring new features to market
- Deeply integrate IIS into your environment using public configuration and control APIs
- World-class performance and reliability hosting of ASP, ASP.NET, and PHP applications
- New, extensible FTP Server providing secure connections, improved site isolation and more
- Use the IIS FastCGI component, now part of IIS7 in Windows Server 2008 to run and optimize the performance of PHP.