Late last year, one of the first WPF/E samples that our team created was a XAML pad type web page that you could paste XAML into and it would load that into the WPF/E control. This sample highlighted the fact that WPF/E content can be entirely text based and thus, created and edited on the client machine. This also proved to be a very handy tool for quickly testing a chunk of XAML in WPF/E. The original version of this app was almost entirely HTML with one div containing the WPF/E control.
I consider this to be a 0.7 version of the app. The list of features I’m planning to add are below. Please let me know of any other feature ideas you have.
Future WPF/E Pad Features:
- Download the XAML files one at a time (they take a while to load)
- Add a splitter for the Scene and XAML panes
- Add scroll wheel support for zooming (Like Peter’s seventeen sample)
- Animate the scrolling of the XAML files
- Add a help system that shows the valid attributes for each tag