Blacklight v4.3(Dec09) released

Just a quick note to say Blacklight v4.3 is out on CodePlex. Check out the release notes in the showcase for fixes and upgrades this release. You can download the latest from the Blacklight CodePlex site.

Wishing everybody a happy holiday and see you all in the new year!

1. Cox, Ken says:

My, you do some great work! Thanks for making it available.

2. Matt says:

Nice, been using it for a month now and I already get a new release.. good work 🙂 and happy Christmas…

3. adefwebserver says:

Works great. REALLY useful stuff. Thanks!

4. Steven Nagy says:

I want to get up and started with this in a WPF project. I downloaded the samples but there’s only a silverlight sample, no WPF.

I also only see one DLL in the library. Will this work for both WPF and SL? I suspect its for SL only.

Someone asked a similar question on your codeplex forum but there’s been no response.

5. fmarguerie says:

Steven, see the following:

I hope built-in support for WPF will be restored. It will be a pain to port new releases to WPF each time.

6. Aaron says:

I have a Content Control question for you:

I have created my own Content Control and inherited from Control. Unfortunately my new Control has multiple Content DependencyProperties. They all show up in the Miscellaneous panel in Blend, but they’re all disabled.

Additionally, if I name any of my Content Properties to "Content" or "Header" Blend does not disable those properties.

Why would Blend assume that I would only ever want a Header or Content property, and never any more than that?

I’m trying to create a DragDockPanel that can flip over with a Content area for the front and Content area for the back.

What is a proper approach for something like this. I would love to get your thoughts on this.

– Aaron

7. Thor says:

An interesting "gotcha"

— The webbrowser control (Silverlight 4) is similar to WPF in how it is painted on the screen and therefore you can't put any object/control over it.

If you have two web browsers and they cross one another, the screen goes white as it can't handle the re-draw when the two cross.

FYI – Works just fine with only one webbrowser.

8. HI Martin says:

Great software!!

Can you please help me removing the /// from the title of the Drag-Dock Panel?

9. Cleyton says:

I cannot get it to work with Silverlight 4. Is it possible?

10. MadMessMoving says:

Hi Martin,

I'm not sure how often you check the CodePlex discussion, but here is a question I asked. I hope you could give some insights:…/View.aspx

Many Thanks!!

11. Johnny says:

Hi Martin,

when i tried to browse, I only found "This project is not yet published"?

12. Dmitry says:

Hi Martin,

I am having trouble to download the project from codeplex too.  Has it been removed permanently?

13. Scott says:

Hi Martin,

I also cannot access the codeplex site with the same message "This project is not yet published". Can you help? Is there anywhere else I can download it from?

14. James says:

Same here… someone can "turn it on" again

15. i can't download v4.3 says:

i can not download Blacklight V4.3 from codeplex . when i followed the link the codeplex site

show me "This project is not yet published" please help me.

16. Mr. Bungle says:

Martin, can you please comment on why the blacklight codeplex site shows "This project is not yet published"?  Thanks.

17. Maverick says:

Martin ,

Could you kindly upload the Blacklight v4.3 to somewhere so many like me could download it from there.

18. How remove an window (panel) ? says:

I inserted a button "remove" in each window.

The event and the function RemovePanel are in the file DragDockPanelHost.cs

private DragDockPanel curDockPanel;

private void RemovePanel(DragDockPanel panel)

private void DragDockPanel_Removed(object sender, EventArgs e)

curDockPanel = sender as DragDockPanel;

I want to remove a panel by clicking a button in that panel.

Here's the source:

You can see in the class on line 617 DragDockPanelHost.cs (Visibility.Collapsed)

This removes the panel but I can not permanently delete it.