Blacklight v4.1 Update Released

A few bugs have been identified with DragDockPanelHost, as well as one or two expected features missing, so I have created a fixed release that addresses the following…

• Between v3.0 and v4.0, the PanelState property on the DragDockPanel became read-only, due to some toggling issues. This has caused issues with setting the default panel state in XAML. This property has been made writable again.
  • Now that DragDockPanel host is an ItemsControl, users could load any object type as an item. However, in v4.0, it was not possible to define a default panel style. A property called DefaultPanelStyle has been added to DragDockPanelHost.
  • Since becoming an ItemsControl, the DragDockPanelHost had a number of bugs introduced with adding and removing panels, after they had been moved around. These bugs have now been fixed.

I have also updated the Showcase to contain a release notes section, which will give more details as to what has changed with each release.

See the showcase here.

Get the latest release here.

Enjoy!

1. Rayabharapu says:

Can i customise the DragDockPanel layout with row and column spanning inside the DragDockPanelHost using the latest verison ?  Secondly can i load all the DragDockPanel within the host based on action performed on one of the DragDockPanel.

To explain in brief if user click on a treeview in the first window then it should update the data in data grids present in two other windows.  That is action on one window should make the whole page to reload all the windows with chnages based on the user selection.

Please let me know if this is possible with the latest version of these controls or Is there any way of implementing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rayabharapu

2. sundown says:

can’t wait to implement the DragDockPanel into my next application. Really nice work you’ve done here !

I Hope you’ll add the pearl menu found in the PatientJourneyDemonstrator in the next version, it would be great.

3. Greg Gum says:

Can the DragDockPanel work with WPF?  I downloaded and installed the 4.1 version, but I don’t see it in BlackLight.WPFControls.dll.

Also, will the 4.1 version work with VS2008 or is it meant to work with version 4 of the framework.

Greg

4. jim says:

I noticed that the DragDockPanel’s minimize toggle button needs to be clicked three times before it will minimize.  This only happens when you maximize a panel and then try to minimize that same panel. It takes three clicks to get it to work.

Any fix to the problem?

I’m using the wpf version 4.1

Thanks, great stuff

jim

5. Smaran says:

The DragDockPanel Showcase sample has a bug. The Panel will not maximise nor minimise after clicking few times

6. martin.grayson says:

Hi Rayabharapu,

You can’t unfortuanately span rows and columns with this at the moment, unless you do some things with margins. This of course produces funny dragging behavior. This is a highly requested feature and I am working on a solution.

The drag dock panel host is now and items control, so you can easily add and remove panels using Items.Add(…).

Hope this helps,

Martin

7. martin.grayson says:

Hi sundown,

Thanks for the feedback, I quite like the idea of a radial menu control too, I need to go through the process of creating base menu controls first though – it will get done, eventually though!

Thanks,

Martin

8. martin.grayson says:

Hi jim,

I you download the 4.1 binaries zip, there is a WPF folder inside, the DLL is in there.

The controls target 3.5 SP1 at the moment.

thanks,

Martin

9. martin.grayson says:

Hi jim,

A few have noticed the bug – should be fixed next release later this month.

thanks,

Martin

10. Shane says:

Just to say you guys are amazing! The code is very clean and easy to understand and the samples make it easy to get up and running quickly. Love the expandable panel and especially the dragdroppanel. Keep up the good work!

11. Bharathi says:

Hi!

In Microsoft Health CUI Patient Journey Demonstration- Primary Care Admin screen, used Drag drop panels. In each patient panel having appointments. For that which control did you used.

Please answer me soon.

Regards

Bharathi

12. Steve says:

Great work!

Any word on the next version with the bug fix for the minimise , maximise problem?

As others have stated a menu control similar to the radial menu control would be a great addition as would the ability for the panels to span rows /columns

Would it also be possible when one panel is maximised for the minimised panels to have a minimum size which once reached, would cause then to be scrollable instead of just getting smaller and smaller as you add more panels and then eventually virtually dissapearing?

13. Gareth Parris says:

I’d like to repeat the ‘Great Work’ comment. Any news on when the Min/Max button bug is going to be fixed?

Cheers,

Gareth.

14. Clint E. says:

Hi,

I just want to say I mostly found the BlackDockPanel pretty useful and easy to work with so far.

I just downloaded the last Blacklight 4.1 version.

As opposed to prior 3.0/4.0 version, I found out the BlackDockPanel

Minimize/Maximize toggle button doesn’t seem to respond properly

or not at all… Any ideas when this issue will be fixed.

Thank you.

15. Vimarsh says:

Hi M gray

Is there any way to change the pinned,close,max,min icons of Drag dock panel

if it is then plz let me know.

Waiting for response.

thanks & regards

Vimarsh

16. Amit says:

Please provide solution for pinned of DragDock Panel, ASAP

thnx in advance.

17. Ernie says:

Looks like Blacklight is down in codeplex. Are the set of controls still available for download?

18. Matt says: