What a week! Silverlight 2 is here – horray! This release really feels like it has come out of nowhere.
First up – where to get the stuff…
- Uninstall the old Silverlight runtimes, Silverlight tools for VS, Silverlight SDK and Blend 2 (any CTP).
- Get VS2008 SP1 installed, if you havent already, from here… http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/vstudio/cc533448.aspx
- Install the Silverlight 2 tools chainer from here… http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=c22d6a7b-546f-4407-8ef6-d60c8ee221ed&displaylang=en. This will install the RTW runtime, tools for VS and the Silverlight 2 SDK. It actually says RC1 on the page, but this is definately the RTW runtime.
- Install Blend 2 from here… http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Overview.aspx?key=blend
- Install the Blend 2 SP1 update from here… http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=EB9B5C48-BA2B-4C39-A1C3-135C60BBBE66&displaylang=en… and you are good to go!
I have been pretty busy over the last couple of weeks getting my 2 current project up to speed with RTW, and they are now available.
The Patient Journey Demonstrator has now been upgraded to Silverlight 2 RTW…
The current release of Blacklight (v0.1) has also been updated along with the showcase. There is also now a pre-release showcase, giving you a taste for what is coming at the end of October! Check-it out now…