VS 2005 SP1 Beta is now available for our device customers. This is a significant release for Visual Studio for Devices team and is more of a full-fledged release rather than a service pack. Below are the highlights for device development customers.
- Support for newer devices and platforms.
- Application development experience targeting WinCE 6.0 devices.
- Application development experience targeting Windows Mobile 5.x devices. Complete experience in RTM release.
- Native Development
- Whole lot of functionality to native MFC libraries. Removed many blockers that were inhibiting smooth migration experience from eVC++ to VS2005.
- Improved and updated Native device development documentation.
- Data application development targeting SQL Server Everywhere. Full functionality will be available in the RTM version of service pack.
- Support NET V2 SP1 release
- New Win CE compilers release
- New and improved remote tools.
- Faster device emulator.
To download the service pack please register on the Microsoft Connect website and provide us with your feedback and help us make this product better.
Manav Gaur | Program Manager - Visual Studio for Devices