Dynamics 365 for Operations is now available to deploy and download as part of the Dynamics 365 suite of products. Dynamics 365 brings our business applications closer together in how they look, feel and integrate with each other. Please see the complete blog here.
In this release, we have a new header for the Operations client with ability to switch between Dynamics 365 apps cleanly, ability to link to the Office 365 waffle and access app source to retrieve more apps as needed. A Dynamics 365 home page now surfaces tiles for all operations production instances available to a tenant. All new plans for Dynamics 365 are also now supported.
Dynamics 365 for Operations trial
A 30-day trial of Dynamics 365 for Operations is available through a simple email signup. The trial version of Dynamics 365 for Operations includes a Getting started guide that provides a step-by-step task guide, which allows you to view specific scenarios in action. The product is available to explore and exercise scenarios. Demo data is included to ease the use of the product and to make the experience more meaningful. A reminder email will be sent 3 days prior to the trial expiration. A buy experience can be initiated at that time to complete the purchase.
The list is long, check out the What’s New? on the wiki for all the details on the items mentioned below plus the full list of new capabilities introduced.
- Licensing updates to accommodate App, Device and Team Member
- Seamless experience when moving between Dynamics 365 applications
- New Cost Accounting module
- Seamless servicing and continuous updates to the Platform models
- Expense management updates
- Universal Windows Platform app for Retail Modern POS
- Mobile app platform
- Customize Help using extensions
- Track fixed asset valuations by using a single “book” concept
- Vendor Collaboration
- Seamless on-premises store experience
- Access and manage cost and revenue estimates, and item requirements, directly from the work breakdown structure (WBS) task
- POS Task Recorder
- Create Power BI reports with enumerated fields
- Consignment inventory
- Seamless omni-channel commerce
- View extension fields in the Visual Studio debugger
- General Ledger foreign currently revaluation enhancements
- Warehouse enhancements for high-volume distribution centers
- US Payroll
- Performance journal
- Customize application reports using extensions
- Localizations for 18 additional countries
- Support for Arabic language