Hey everyone, please get the latest update for Outlook 2007. It has several performance improvements and should improve the general responsiveness of Outlook when reading, moving, deleting and downloading e-mail messages for users who have large mailbox files (.pst and .ost files) stored on their computers. It also has a fix for a delegate/manager calendar related privacy issue, where delegates to a user’s calendar could potentially view calendar items marked as “private” when searching for items in the manager’s calendar.
Here are the links:
- Outlook 2007 update: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C262BCFD-1E09-49B6-9003-C4C47539DF66
- Outlook 2007 for Business Contact Manager patch: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b1fadb55-e4e1-4f67-a69a-3e6bf9b130f0&displaylang=en
If you download the update you may notice:
· A decrease in the amount of time it takes to copy messages from one folder to another.
· An increase in the download speed when downloading multiple or large messages from the Exchange Server.
· A reduction in the amount of time it takes to delete messages.
Microsoft also made an additional update available that addresses compatibility issues between the Outlook update and Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager. If you are using Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager, you are strongly encouraged to download both the Hotfix and the patch.
For more details, see: http://blogs.msdn.com/willkennedy/