At day 3 we definitely see how much great content the product group has put together for the conference. I find myself struggeling in choosing which of the sessions at the same timeslot to attend. Great that the sessions recordings will be available later!
My sessions for day three was:
- Using Enterprise Content Types and managed Taxonomies in SharePoint 2010: This session got almost full, so it seemed to me anyway, and that confirms these are probably some of, if not the most wanted features in the next release. And it is looks really good! Content Type Syndication, Term store with multilanguage support and Managed metadata columns are some of the most important of the new features here.
- Developing with the New User Interface Features in SharePoint 2010: A good overview showing the new Theming engine with support for importing Office themes, dynamic masterpage for aspx's in the lyouts folder, ribbon customizations and more.
- SharePoint Workspace 2010: the Microsoft Office Client for Team Sites: Finally a usable SharePoint offline client is arriving in the Office package. The successor to Groove looks promising and have features like co-authoring support, efficient synchronizing mechanisms only sending changes over the wire and automatic conflict resolving functions.
- Building Business Applications using Business Connectivity Services and SharePoint Designer (No-Code): A demo of an end-to-end business application with impressive functionality, "written" in only a few hours. Demoing External content types, workflow, Office client integration and business data offline capabilities in SharePoint Workspace.
- Creating Data-Centric Composite Applications using SharePoint Designer 2010: A great anf fun walkthrough of some of the new features in the dataview web part (which has replaced the listview web part btw). Rich conditional formatting and integration with JQuery was some of the topics covered.
The last session for the day was the "Ask the experts", with a lot off sme's in approx 35 different categories, ready to answer any question. In the same room, but in a different area, the conference Rock Band tournament loudly and energetic played on with many creative "bands" giving everything to win.