We have just released a new version of the SharePoint SiteConfigurator feature on codeplex.com.
In this release we have focused on some new features and making sure the build is stable. This involved some refactoring as well as splitting the project in three parts, one for the code and logic, one part for the feature and one test project. This new structure will make it much easier and faster to reuse the project from farm to farm.
As the release notes states, we also focused on:
- split VS project in two for easier maintenance and upgrades
- added Type Mock project (simply remove that project from the solution if you don’t use it)
- rewrote log functionality
- added verbose logging option
- fixed disabling of web part toolbar (still some minor issues here)
- made the complete solution independent of it’s features names.
- Added provisioning of files and make it possible to choose welcome page based on xml parameter
- Added support for links with parameters in AddQuickLaunchLinks
- Created support for QuickLaunchHeading and
- DeleteQuickLaunchHeading elements.
- Rearranged and refactored the main project
- Fixed some bugs
Enjoy the new release and please give us feedback so we can improve it further!