Feature-specific compatibility listed by Web browser
The following table lists more specific feature compatibilities by browser. The compatibility is listed as either completely compatible (Y) or not compatible (N). Detailed notes for some entries are provided immediately following the table.
Y - Compatible. All or most aspects of the user experience are equivalent. See Numbered Notes for any differences in user experience.
N - Not compatible. Item either is not available from the menu or will not function. Unless otherwise noted, this feature requires ActiveX controls, which run only in Internet Explorer.
(1) These browsers will use the Connect to Client menu item on the Actions menu. This will open a client application that is registered to handle the stssync:// protocol, such as Microsoft Outlook.
(2) Web Parts cannot be placed by using drag and drop. You must click edit on the Web Part, select Modify Web Part, and select the zone from the Layout section of the Web Part properties page.
(3) This functionality is not supported because of an issue with the browser.
(4) Although the New button will not work, you can use the Upload Document button.
(5) Does not convert DOMAIN\Username to display name. If the name is not recognized, an error will be displayed.
(6) The toolbar will not be displayed; however, you can use HTML tags to display styled text. A link to a Help topic that describes the HTML tags supported will be provided under the rich-text field.
(7) With these browsers, and with Internet Explorer without the Microsoft Office client application installed, files cannot be sent from one farm to another farm. For files sent from a server to another server in the same farm, ASPX pages will be used instead of Windows dialog boxes.
(8) The drop-down list menu (triangle on the side of the control) has a different user experience, but the functionality is similar.
(9) This feature might work properly in these browsers. It downloads a file that has the .iqy extension to the browser. If Microsoft Office Excel is not installed, and no other application is configured to open this file, this feature will not work.
(10) Users can still enter dates into the date fields.
(11) When you click for a new link, the pop-up dialog box is the wrong size and the OK and Cancel buttons are partially obscured.
(12) You cannot sort or filter Pivot Tables. There is no work around for this.
(13) The Navigator 8.1 browser must be configured to render in Internet Explorer mode. For more information about switching modes, see the browser documentation.
(14) You cannot sign documents, but you can view signatures.
(15) The rich text is read-only by default. If you try to edit the text, all rich-text formatting is lost.