Commerce Server Pre-Training Resources

We are working hard to get training materials ready for Commerce Server 2007. We hope that they will be ready by early this year. When we release the training, you will be able to schedule it with one of our qualified Microsoft Certified Trainers. When the time is near, I will blog about this.

Having said this, what do you do now? This list of resources will help you get started.

1. Create a Virtual PC (VPC) or set up a Windows 2003 environment. For more information, see How to Create a Commerce Server VPC.
  2. Install Developer Edition of Commerce Server 2007. It’s free!
  3. Download and install Partner SDK.
  4. Download and install Starter Site.
  5. Make sure to read and understand comparison and deprecated features of Commerce Server 2007.
  6. Read the CommerceServer07TechOverview.doc document.
  7. View the Commerce Server Webcasts.

8. We are in the process of releasing four virtual labs. Here is two of four:

9. Read how you can extend Commerce Server 2007 Web Services. See Extending Commerce Server 2007 Web Services.
  10. Read From the MVP: Integrating Commerce Server orders with BizTalk Server.
  11. Read Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 Migration Guide.
  12. If you have Commerce Server 2002 and FP1 Starter Site, you must download the Commerce Server Solution Assemblies to complete your migration.
  13. Take a few moment and visit the following blogs:

14. Make sure to bookmark these links:

Cool Commerce Resources

1. Regularly visit My Commerce Server 2007 Tips, Tricks, Recipes and Gotchas Series.

1. mark says:

Max,

The Commerce Server 2007 Overview webcast isn’t working:

Live From Redmond: Commerce Server 2007 Overview

We’re sorry, the requested Webcast could not be found.

Reference Event Code: 1032303897

I tried to report this issue to MS, but I cannot find any MS contact information on the webcast site.

2. MSDN Archive says:

Hmmm that’s strange because it’s working for me. Try this link https://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032303897&culture=en-US. I will update the blog post as well.

-Max

3. Mark says:

Max,

I tried the link you supplied, but with the same result. I tried viewing the webcast om 3 different PC’s and with 2 different passports. But everytime the same message:

We’re sorry, the requested Webcast could not be found.

Reference Event Code: 1032303897

Does somebody else experience the same problems?

4. MSDN Archive says:

Ok I see what’s going on you can view the event details but when registering you can’t get the video stream. I will contact some folks here at Microsoft about that on Monday.

Sorry for the inconvenience I didn’t understand where the error was occurring :).

[MaxAkbar 11/29/2006] I contact some folks here internally and we are working on resolving this issue will post more details and issue is resolved.

-Max

5. Max Akbar [MSFT] has put together an excellent post with all the currently available sources of Commerce Server 2007 training.

6. Doug says:

Really useful "getting started" summary, thanks. Any news on the webcast? It’s a bit poor that it’s still advertised as being available but throws an error when you try to access it.

7. MSDN Archive says:

I had opened a case with our internal event team about this and right before the holidays we had a big power outage here in Redmond so I have not heard back on what happened. I will be back in the office Friday and will follow up.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Max

8. Doug says:

Excellent, thanks Max

9. MSDN Archive says:

Hi Folks,

I am sorry to inform you that the Media for this event is missing; therefore we will be removing this event. At a later time we will try and rerecord this event for you.

I will also update this page to reflect that.

Thanks,

-Max

10. Doug says:

Rats. I was keen to see that. Max, one last thing – I can’t post to the MSDN forums. I created 2 different IDs, logged in, created a post, click "post" (or "review", then "post") but it just reloads the post editing page without any message. I notice in the FAQ that scripting must be enabled and / or the site added to Trusted Sites and have done that, but it doesn’t make any difference. I’m desperate to get some questions posted! Any ideas? Thanks, Doug

11. MSDN Archive says:

Hi Doug,

Yeah sorry about that. Can you use my blog email section to send me your data so we can help you with the forum issue?

Thanks,

-Max

12. Anand says:

Can you please see (for the future ) if you can give us one place to download all this – so we can read / view it offline ?

13. MSDN Archive says:

That’s a great suggestion, I can work on it.

However, there are few sources that I will not be able group like Partner SDK and Starter Site that have some kind of distribution or license acceptance.

-Max

14. Anand Vadul says:

I’ve gone ahead and takne what’s not copy righted and placed them on :

If you need any additions to the list, please let me know so I can update those.

Cheers!

Anand

15. Granada says:

Hi Max,

Any update on when the training release?

Thanks,

Granada

16. MSDN Archive says:

It will be ready be the end of the month, and will be published to MSLearning.

-Max

17. Ed says:

End of Feb has come and gone but – Im still having trouble finding training resources. Training companies in the UK such as F1 & Xpertise havent got any 2007 training and Xpertise even told me "due to the low take up on CS training on 2002 that there is no plans for a 2007 course at this point in time and MSoft have it at the bottom of their list" what exactly is available regarding training & books in the UK ? -when should training be available – can you recommend a suitable training company.

Thanks

18. MSDN Archive says:

Send me an email through my blog.

-Max