What You Definitely Don’t Want To See

It seems that others have been asking the question, “What features do you want to see in C#?”  Of course, with this type of open ended question people will be asking for the moon.  So I thought that since this is the anti-blog you all should get a chance to tell us what you definitely don’t want to see in the product.

For Example:

“I don’t want to see any more stinking curly braces. There all over the place as it is.“

“I don’t want to see this class:  Drug<T>.  I get it all the time from my HMO.“

Matt

1. Stephen H. says:

Curious.. Are arrays using hashtables?

2. Simon says:

I don’t ever want to see VB code.

Ever…!

I don’t know why, maybe it’s the lack of curly braces and semicolons, or maybe it’s the way it’s so wordy. I hate it when it creeps into examples in help, when it sneakily seduces code samples.

I hate seeing, reading or using VB code. Damn office for including vba rather than c#a. Stupid VS.NET help for not having a "Physically annihilate all VB.NET articles and examples" checkbox.

I even tried using ‘; at one point, but it’s just not as ellegant…

3. kevin white says:

I don’t want to see another C# file that contains multiple class definitions. Allowing this was the single biggest design mistake in the whole language.

4. Matt says:

Stephen, arrays are using a btree with a polynomial seek algorithm, but the super optimizing JIT’er just turns this back into a fetch offset.

Simon, then you won’t like our new ‘let’ and ‘dim’ statements coming out in the next version.

Kevin, I guess you just like being ‘out’ classed.

5. Simon says:

SAY IT AIN’T SO!!!

;-(

I think I’d have to use Java if that ever really happened.

6. nayf says:

Anything resembling one of these – & – or one of them – *. My fingers are shaking just typing those monstrosities.