The parallel you

This is my first post.  This is my first weblog.  It is not much of a weblog yet.  You probably are not even reading this.  Heck, I may not even be writing this.  It’s early at Microsoft. All I have to drink is a can of bubbly water.  Lets hope some seeps into my personality.

I suppose that’s the problem with blogs, if there has to be one.  A billion voices (pieces of correspondence actually) sent out into the void.  If no one is listening does it even count?  Is it like that tree falling in the forest?  I wonder if the tiny magnetic bits on disk that get flipped to encode this post count as observations.  I wonder if there is a wave collapsing right now, maybe initiated by the sudden choice to write the rest of this drivel.  Somewhere in a parallel universe, another copy of me gave up on the last paragraph.  If you were in that universe you’d be home by now.  Of course, there’s probably a universe out there where I’m incredibly handsome and witty and that parallel you is hanging on my every word.  But I digress.

Of course, If you are reading this it is probably because I said something extremely potent, useful or witty sometime in the future so you had the sudden interest to wade through all the archives in search of another gem.  If that’s the case, let me congradulate you on your good taste and overall conviction.  You are a bright and good natured person.  The kind of person I’d like to know.  Unless, of course, this is the wrong universe and you are the parallel you.

Matt

1. Gert Van Gool says:

nice writing, good thinking ^^

but to difficult to read it when you are tired 🙂

should go to bed and reread it tomorrow 😉

2. Carmen says:

Well, i’m not from the future and i read your post. you think to much about why you are writing it …

i was thinking today about my blog too 🙂 … i update it, but the truth is that just a few people visit it. Funny is the fact that i keep writing.

3. Pete says:

"If no one is listening does it even count?"

Many people listen, since most of the talking here is about what other people have said.

4. El Jefe says:

I know how you feel.. Not many [people] read my blog either. That’s the capitalist way, though. Silence speaks volumes! The problem is, nobody knows what they are trying to say. Are they complacent? Exuberated? Stunned? Appalled? Maybe they just don’t care.. Anyway, they are just noise and you shouldn’t listen to them. At least that’s what my therapists says…. The parallel universe theory has merit. We should all take that into consideration. Perhaps use it as legal defense. It could have more acceptance than temporary insanity which is usually why we blog anyway. Temporary insanity. One day they will have a pill but right now we have blogs. Welcome to the club!

5. RedWolves2 says:

"If no one is listening does it even count?"

what?

6. Don’t write it for other people. Write it for yourself. It doesn’t matter wich site i’m at. I always have my links from my blog to use, to get my work done.

7. Androidi says:

Okay there, you got me laughing, cause i was reading your Spammed to death and cause these blogs often miss the ‘about me’ link, it’s just logical to come ‘from the future’ to learn abit of the person who wrote the article.

I don’t write much (except code), but i know a gem when i see one – subscribed!