Design and Usability
- See What I Mean: How to Use Comics to Communicate Ideas – Written by Kevin Cheng, one of the authors of OK/Cancel, a usability comic. Recommended on Twitter by Bill Buxton
- Windows Phone Design Bootcamp 101 (Laura Foy, Jared Potter) – 4 videos on designing for Windows Phone
- MetroEEG: Midwave for Windows Phone – Open source project on reading from the Mindwave Mini-EEG headset with Windows Phone 8
- Coding4Fun Kinect Service (Brian Peek) – Communicate Kinext color, depth, skeleton and audio wirelessly to a PC to a Windows Phone.
- Update TextBox Binding With Every Key Press
- Complete Guide to Windows Phone StringFormat Binding
- Creating a StringFormat Binding in Blend
- Crop an Image using the WriteableBitmap class (Kunal Chowdhury)
- Handle image orientation in CameraCaptureTask in Windows Phone (Tim Heuer) – also a good walk-through on getting the EXIF data.
- Windows 8 Game Development with C#, XNA and MonoGame: Building a Shooter Part 2 (Tara Walker)
- Top Tips for iOS Devs Building Windows Store Apps (Aaron Hillegass, video)
NFC and Bluetooth
- Communicating with LEGO NXT with Bluetooth in C# (Pierre Poliakoff)
- Communicating Between 2 Windows Phones Using NFC
- NFC NDEF Tag Reader – a simple useful project for getting started with NFC in Windows Phone
- PixPresenter – A Windows 8/Windows Phone 8 project that highlights the ability to share code across projects. Also implements NFC and Bluetooth sharing across those projects.