It can also be useful to gather the logs outside of the Feedback Hub environment. For example, there is a current issue in the Feedback Hub which affects builds 14996 through 15006 (it is fixed in 15007) that breaks log collection.
- Download CollectAudioLogs.zip
- Extract it to a folder
- From the extracted folder, launch CollectAudioLogs.cmd
- This will prompt for elevation; allow it.
- You will receive two yes/no questions. Answer y to the first if you can reproduce the issue. Always answer y to the second.
- The script will run for several minutes and eventually create a .zip file right next to itself. The last line of the script output will refer to the .zip file, something like this:
Logs are located at C:\Users\mateer\Desktop\Temp\CollectAudioLogs\MATEER-K_20170109-021827.zip
EDIT 2017-04-12: updated script
EDIT 2017-05-01: updated script to run WOW64
EDIT 2017-06-01: replace "media issues" .wprp with "audio glitches" .wprp
EDIT 2017-06-06: updated powershell to work even if run WOW64
EDIT 2017-07-28: various ETW provider changes (added ACPI, removed IE, added some driver-specific providers)
EDIT 2018-01-05: more ETW provider changes (added Capability Access Manager)
EDIT: 2018-02-21: allow spaces in the script path and temporary path
EDIT 2018-03-05: update ETW providers for Intel audio drivers
EDIT 2018-04-04: more ETW provider changes (added inbox effects)
EDIT: 2018-12-28: grab ksthunk service registry key