First, check the specifications for your phone to see if it has the necessary hardware to support call recording – not all phones do.
For example, the Lumia 950 does: Lumia 950 specifications
And so does the Lumia 550: Lumia 550 specifications
You’re looking for something like this:
If you’re trying to set up call recording for the first time on Windows 10, this is what you will see when you make a call. Note the lack of a “record” button.
Go into Settings | System | Phone | Default apps and tell Windows what app you want to use to manage the recording. The built-in “Voice Recorder” app can do it.
Now when you make a call you will see this. Use the “record” button when you want to record a call.
All well and good. But suppose you want to listen to a call that you have recorded. How do you do that? There are two ways.
FROM THE PHONE
- Go into the Phone app
- Switch to your call history tab
- Tap the three dots at the bottom
- Choose “recorded calls” from the menu
- This will open the Voice Recorder app in “recorded calls” mode. You should see a list of all your recorded calls. Tap any of them to listen to it.
FROM YOUR PC
- Plug the phone into your PC via a USB cable
- Browse to This PC | Windows phone | Phone | Recorded Calls
- You should see all your recorded calls