Extracting GUIDs from a bunch of text


As part of messing with Windows Performance Recorder profiles, I had a need to extract everything that looks like a GUID from a blob of text.

So I wrote this script. It digs through its STDIN and outputs all the GUID-looking things, uppercase-ized and sorted.

https://github.com/mvaneerde/blog/blob/master/scripts/extract-guids.pl

Comments (1)

  1. Hi Matthew, I just finished a tool for (re)generation of all existing UUID's found in Microsoft SDK & Visual C++ standard libraries (recognizing among nine existing macros - you guys at Microsoft are really productive). I'd be happy if you tailor it to your needs (that was the main goal on my mind when I started the project).
    Source code is here: https://github.com/jetpropulsion/ComScan

Skip to main content