Disney princesses: an attempt at a complete list

This blog post has moved to https://matthewvaneerde.wordpress.com/2011/08/28/disney-princesses-an-attempt-at-a-complete-list/

1. xpclient says:

Jasmine from Aladdin is the best.

2. My personal favorite shifts around but at the moment it's probably Kida from Atlantis (only Disney princess to deliver a knee to the groin on-screen) or if you include the books then Eilonwy from The Black Cauldron (she has some great one-liners in the books.)

3. Zena says:

What about Hercule's girlfriend/wife, Megara? He's a Prince being the son of Zeus.

4. Megara: being a prince's girlfriend does not suffice, so I wouldn't consider Megara an official princess.

Now that Star Wars is owned by Disney, I suppose I have to consider Princess Leia's claim to Disney Princess-hood.

5. Added Vanellope von Schweetz from Wreck-it Ralph.

6. aya says:

why does everyone always forget about anastasia?

7. @aya the wonderful 1997 film Anastasia is not Disney, so Anastasia, while indisputably a princess, is not a Disney princess.

en.wikipedia.org/…/Anastasia_(1997_film)

Side note: one of the composers for Anastasia was Lynn Ahrens, who also composed many of the classic Schoolhouse Rock! songs.

8. lollyknees1 says:

Mulan? She is probably my favorite/second favorite apart from kida. Ellonwy is pretty cool aswell.

9. Mulan is quite the hero, but has no claim to royalty that I can see.

10. Sara says:

Anastasia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Bob's cookie!! says:

You forgot Princess Nancy "Enchanted", Ariel's daughter Melody "Little Mermaid 2"(whatever it was called), and Charlotte from "The Princess and the Frog"; thought not royalty, she was princess of the mardi gras and it counted when Prince Naveen needed a princess to kiss.. Oh and since Disney owns Star Wars, you can include Princess Leia. x)

Just curious, but why did you include several not-princesses?

12. Bob's cookie!! ..again says:

Oh! And those three princesses from "Mulan 2"! Ting-ting, Su, and Mei.

13. I'm only counting release-to-theater animated films, which rules out many direct-to-video sequels.

Enchanted is a gray area because it is part animation and part live-action.

Charlotte from Princess and the Frog is a good catch.

14. Karoline says:

Where the f is mulan?  She is the bomb

15. Madison says:

Half of these are not Disney Princess!

16. Sweat girl says:

Hey what about Nala from the lion king?

17. Girly girl says:

Ok but Nala is not a princess

18. Sweat girl says:

I will have to go with Madison but there can be more princesses that we mite know about

19. Sweet girl says:

U know tinker bell Is a princess to I think give me a yes if u think so

20. Katie says:

Anastasia isnt disney she is 20th centry fox

21. sofie says:

what about wenby from peter pan

22. Grace says:

Watch the newest release of The Little Mermaid in the alternative and deleted scenes section. It literally says that Ursula is actually King Triton's sister. So with that I'm assuming she must have inherited the throne before him and then tried to take over the oceans in a way only she can, and therefore dethroned (or whatever correct term is used here) and Triton made king.

23. Kim Allen says:

Belle from Beauty and the Beast is the best.

Skip to main content