Here's the deck I presented to Accenture technical consultants. Bit of fun and got a chance to give my view on what's happening to IT. Here's what I was asked to cover ...
- What’s cloud computing?
- What’s the industry trend, projections, opportunity and client value?
- What does this mean for organisations and how are we expecting them to change?
- What’s Microsoft doing to define, capture or ride this trend?
- What’s Microsoft and Accenture doing together to capture this market?
- What’s the next big Disruptive technology?
On the last point - I said that we're in it, but the only problem is with disruptive technologies is that you can't normally see them until they disrupt:)! On the whole Cloud in all its forms is an example of radical innovation but in certain cases it will disrupt. Here's some candidates for disruption IMHO:
- Traditional OUtsourcers, that don't see the opportunity to innovate as organisations multi-source
- System Integrators/Consultants that don't seak to generate IP and business partnerships with their customers
- Organisations that don't service enable their IT & don't differentiate their assets against critical and non-critical functions
- Organisations that don't invest in architecture and integration at a strategic level within IT (and the business)
Thoughts welcomed ....:)